4H Code of Ethics
National 4-H Shooting Sports Code of Ethics
A complete 4-H shooting sports program must convey life skills development and be presented in a way that is safe, technically competent, and helps to instill 4-H values in participants through teaching and example. Certified shooting sports instructors and volunteers must be cognizant of their role as a moral and ethical mentor, as well as teacher to youth and adults in their state and community.
As a 4-H Shooting Sports Instructor or Volunteer:
· I will respect the participants, volunteers and property associated with the 4-H shooting sports program.
· I will set a good example as a mentor and role model for 4-H shooting sports youth and volunteer leaders.
· I will conduct myself and my 4-H shooting sports program in a professional and ethical manner.
· I will strive to be knowledgeable of the life skills embodied in the 4-H shooting sports program and aid positively in the development of youth through adherence to those principles.
· I will strive to be technically competent in the subject matter I teach and adhere to the national 4-H shooting sports guidelines and curriculum.
· I will respect the dignity of each participant in the 4-H shooting sports program regardless of gender, origin, ability, achievement or conviction.