Scholarship and Collegiate Opportunities
Millerton American Legion Post 178 of the American Legion Department of New York since 1994 has been providing scholarships of up to $1,000 annually to the youth of our community. The Veterans of our community realize that our commitment to our Nation and our way of life can only be preserved though the education of our youth who are the future of our nation. Since 2006 the Post has awarded over $100,000 and over $250,000 since its inception to local college bound students.
Click Here for the American Legion Post 178 Scholarship Application
Due: April 1 of Senior Year
The New York State 4-H Shooting Sports program is pleased to announce our annual College/Trade School Scholarship program. Two $1000 scholarships will be awarded at our annually. The winners will be selected by the State Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator. The preferred applicant will be familiar with the ideals of 4-H Youth Development and will be pursuing a degree in a field of study that would contribute to the enhancement of the goals of both general 4-H and 4-H Shooting Sports in particular. To be eligible for the scholarship, qualified applicants will meet the following:
· Youth must be currently enrolled in 4-H and be under the age of 19 as of January 1 of the current year.
· A fundamental knowledge of firearm and/or archery safety
· Acceptance to a technical certificate program or an accredited college/university
· Preference will be given to students studying the Natural Resources, Agricultural Sciences, Youth Development, Education or trades in welding, diesel, plumbing, electrical (All majors are encouraged to apply if they are able to present how their chosen field will positively impact 4-H Shooting Sports).
Please return this completed application and other required information may be mailed, emailed, or faxed by January 1, 2018
Due: Youth must be currently enrolled in 4-H and be under the age of 19 as of January 1 of the current year.
The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) offers $1,000, one-year scholarship assistance to qualified juniors in order to encourage and reward their outstanding efforts. Based on merit, selected individuals are high school seniors who are currently enrolled in a team or club that is participating in marksmanship competitions. The CMP seeks applications from high school seniors who currently compete in marksmanship competitions.
CMP Scholarships are one-year awards that may be used to fund any accredited secondary education or vocational program. CMP Scholarships may also be used to pursue a post-secondary education during the upcoming school year.
The scholarships are paid to the scholarship recipient but must be countersigned by the financial aid offices of the college where the student is enrolled. The check may then be used to pay other fees or expenses that are not covered by other awards or grants.
To be eligible for CMP scholarships, juniors must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Be of good moral character.
- Have achieved a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Be a graduating high school senior.
- Demonstrate acceptance to a university, college or trade school leading to a diploma or trade certification.
- Demonstrate marksmanship competition experience.
Daisy/4-H Shooting Sports Scholarship Application
Application State Deadline April 30
The qualifications for scholarship consideration would include:
Minimum of a 3.0 GPA from your high school
- Limited to high school graduating seniors.
- Three years participation in 4-H shooting sports
- Recommendation of HS counselor or principal
- Recommendation of 4-H coach or equivalent who is not a relative
- Scholarship would be payable to any two-year or four-year accredited Jr. College, College or University. Payable upon applicant demonstrating proof of completion of one semester and second semester proof of enrollment.
- Applicant required to submit personal Resume
- Application would require a 250 - 500 word essay about “How participation in the 4-H Shooting Sports better prepared them for college and for life.”
- Certified copy of high school transcript.
- Scholarship money would be available in the second semester of the freshman year and can be used for books, housing, and or college fees.
- The scholarship of $500.00 will be awarded at the 4-H Shooting Sports National Championships each year. Daisy awards two $500 scholarships.
Application Deadline State Level- April 30 / National Level Deadline is May 15
Submit Application to Your State 4-H Shooting Sports Coordinator. Each State May Submit 1 qualified candidate to be considered for the Daisy 4-H Scholarship.
Please Submit by email in PDF format. Your State Contact can be found at